Health Systems & Equity Advisor (Results for Development Institute)
Ms. Chee has more than 20 years of experience in health system strengthening (HSS) and maternal and child health programs, including health system assessment, program evaluation, and technical assistance to support program implementation. She also brings expertise in health financing, costing, and cost effective analysis.
On four consecutive USAID global health systems projects – including the current Health Finance and Governance project – she has led global and regional HSS trainings, and country level assessments of the health sector. Prior to her position on MCSP, Ms. Chee was a Principal Associate with Abt Associates, where she headed various projects, including:
- A study to estimate the global resource requirements and funding gap to reach the London Declaration goals for control and elimination of 10 Neglected Tropical Diseases;
- Four evaluations commissioned by the Gavi Alliance;
- A cross-country study of the cost-effectiveness of breastfeeding promotion activities in Ghana, Madagascar and Zambia; and
- The Indonesia Health Services Program, which focused on supporting decentralization and private sector partnerships to improve maternal and child health.
She holds a Bachelor of Science in Economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and is fluent in Chinese. Ms. Chee has worked extensively throughout Asia and Africa.
- Options for Integrating Procurement and Supply Chain Systems for ARVs, Methadone, and anti-Tuberculosis Drugs in Vietnam
- Tanzania Private Sector Assessment
- Why Differentiating between Health System Support and Health System Strengthening is Needed
- Evaluation of the GAVI Phase 1 Performance (2000-2005)
- Using Financing to Motivate a for-Profit Health Care Provider to Deliver Family Planning Services: Is it a Cost-Effectives Intervention?