MCSP was thrilled to join 2,000 health systems researchers, policymakers and practitioners from all corners of the globe for this year’s Global Symposium on Health Systems Research in Liverpool, UK. Hosted by Health Systems Global, with co-sponsors, supporters and a consortium of UK organizations led by the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, it was an opportunity to share ideas for strengthening health systems with a diverse community of stakeholders.
We were there to share our expertise and country results as they relate to today’s pressing health challenges – on improving data use, strengthening routine immunization, developing human capacity, involving men in maternal health, and beyond. Across three oral presentations, a satellite presentation, nine posters, a skills session, and a side session, we unpacked the interventions that are helping us meet our ambitious health goals.
- Mentoring Evidence and Country Experiences
- Using Data to Improve the Health Systems for All in the Area of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health
- Promising Social Accountability Approaches to Improved Health in Malawi: Evidence on What Works and What Doesn’t from Case Studies
- Strengthening Community Involvement to Improve Comprehensive Council Health Plans in Kagera Region, Tanzania
- Following the Knowledge Trail: How is Health Knowledge Used in Low-Income Countries after Participant Exposure to Global Conferences?
- How Can Geospatial Data be Used to Strengthen Routine Immunization in the States of Bauchi and Sokoto, Nigeria?
- Improving the Generation, Quality and Use of Data for Routine Immunization Systems through the Use of Process Indicators and Other Strategies
- Implementing a Quadripartite Memorandum of Understanding to Achieve Sustained Financing for Routine Immunization in Bauchi State, Nigeria
- Subnational and Facility Leadership: Drivers of Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance and Response
- Designing Community Health Services Based on the Community’s Conception of Health: Evidence from the DR Congo
- Child Health and Nutrition: What Data is Available in Routine Health Information Management Systems in 23 Countries?
- Quality of Management and Treatment Services for Sick Children at Patent and Proprietary Medicine Vendors in Two States in Nigeria
- Improving Maternal Health Through Male Involvement in Birth Preparedness and Complications Readiness Planning: Experiences from MCSP in Mozambique