Publish Date: July 2018
This training guide aims to strengthen systems within both the health facility and health system that support water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and infection prevention and control (IPC).
The objectives of the module are to equip the advanced IPC focal person to:
- Identify and address challenges of WASH and IPC in health facilities.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities within a health facility and the health system.
- Establish accountability, motivation and monitoring systems that can help drive and sustain WASH and IPC improvements.
- Advocate for WASH and IPC as priorities in health care, and describe the need for synergies with other programs.
- Understand and apply the leadership qualities and responsibilities for individuals who hold leadership roles within the health system.
Improving Management Systems for Better Water, Sanitation, Hygiene, and Infection Prevention for Mothers and Newborns (1005 downloads)